Thursday 29 September 2016

Romance Film Audience Research



Create your own user feedback survey
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JCC9DM6

I shared my survey through Social media sites to get a wider range of responses:

Displaying IMG_2749.PNGDisplaying IMG_2750.PNG

Results:

the majority of my surveyd group were in my primary audience, the were typically students aged 17-18 and female, although i also had some responses from my secondary audience. 
#
my results show that the majority of people would most like to watch a film about the unrecognised virtue narrative idea. I have decided from my results that i will be doing this narrative.

the majority of my surveyed audience chose romantic comedy as being their preferred sub genre of a romance film, meaning i would have a more successful movie if i created a romantic comedy. 

the most chosen name idea of the ones i suggested was "Endless" but coming close to it was "School Bully?" so this tells me i should take inspiration from these two titles for my film name.


the average time that people suggested my trailer should be was  around 1 minuet 50 seconds, which I think is a a good time for a trailer as well as it is seems like a good length to fit the data i need into it as well as not long enough to bore a audience.

this questions was arguably unneeded as the results are contradicting and non informative, i think i could have made this question better by including an example of a trailer. this does however mean i can assume that my trailer should convey the right amount of information about the film if i follow existing trailers rules of trailers.

from this i found this most important feature to include for an audience was a basic outline of the plot, and the release date of the film. this gives me hindsight into what is most or least important to put into my trailer when i am making it. 

most of the people who took my survey said that good editing was crucial to a film trailer, this shows me that i should spend the most time on my editing of my trailer.

The overall for the opinion on clothes of a romance film was that the actors should wear casual clothes for the most part. this means that I have less to worry about for my mise-en-scene as i can ask my actors to wear what they usually would as apposed to having to get different clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment